Applications of Street Lighting Equipment Registration and Infrastructure Optimization Suggestions and Energy Saving.
The term “smart city” is used to describe a city that utilizes modern technology in order to improve the daily life of its citizens and to enhance their participation in the decision making on issues that affect them. The aim of all modern cities is the establishment of eGovernment services, easy movement, rich and open data freely accessible to citizens, immediate and accurate information, information and functionality and of course the reducing of energy consumption and the environmental protection. Map International is continually trying to analyze the needs recognized in its contacts with the Government Agencies and is continually developing solutions to difficult problems. Recently, Map International developed a complete solution of recording of road lighting equipment of municipalities aiming at the optimization suggestion of infrastructures that results in a reducing of energy consumption that reaches 60%. The services offered include:
– Recording of all the existing lighting equipment of all public communal spaces in Municipal Communities in GIS system, using the special software Smart City Data Acquisition.
– Database results’ sorting of the above recording and classification
– Lighting measurements per road category (in combination with the existing lighting type basis)
– Identifying and classification of problematic points of lighting that affect the security of pedestrians and vehicles
– Report of justified suggestions on lighting per road category
– Report of street lighting optimization suggestions and energy and resources saving per category, including the budget of the suggested solutions, the financial statements analysis of the energy saving of the suggested solutions per category
– Cost benefit analysis of the suggested solutions per category, taking into consideration: (1) the installation cost, (2) the maintenance cost and (3) the energy consumption CO2 emission reduction report per suggested solution.
The suggestions are justified technically and financially, include specific and costed interventions in the existent municipal lighting system, take into consideration the cost of the maintenance of the equipment and intend to the submission of suggestions in the funding programs of the European Investment Bank or relative co-funding programs.